Desert Research Center is the Oldest Organization for Research and Development in the Desert and Newly Reclaimed Regions of Egypt.
• Investigating desert potential for agricultural development.
• Carrying out studies on behalf of government institutions, societies and small landholders.
• Preparing postgraduate research assistants and scholars for higher degree study in the field of scientific research.
• Conducting applied research and projects related to the development of desert and new reclaimed areas.
• Transfer of technologies to local farmers, Bedouins, investors, stakeholders, etc. through training and extension programs.
• Exploring and evaluating groundwater aquifers in desert regions.
• Drilling and testing productive and test water wells.
• Surveying and evaluating surface water in coastal regions.
• Monitoring groundwater in desert and newly reclaimed areas.
• Managing desert and newly reclaimed soils with respect to their
agricultural use and development.
Desert Research Center
Arab Republic of Egypt
Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation
Designed by : Eng. Tahany Kamel - Eng. Nagwa Said - Ass. Res. Ahmed diab